Florida (United States of America)
September 15-18th, 2015. Two travelers, 4 days trip
September 15th Tuesday, 2015
- Traveled by plane: 07:00 am from Atlantic City International Airport (ACY) —–> 09:50 am to Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Traveled by airport shuttle: 10:00 am with bus from the airport (you can find a bus stop by the links at the airport) I went to 4 floor (4 level) to rent a car [$ 164.85 x 1 pers.] + navigation [$ 25 x 1 pers.] (total car cost $ 329.70)
- Traveled by car: 11:00 am I rented ‘Hyundai’ brand car and moved to Key West
- Traveled by car: in ‘Dolphin Research Center’. I looked at the dolphin performance [$ 28 x 1 pers.]. In my opinion, it is not worth to visit this place unless you buy a ticket that will include dolphin stroking
- Traveled by car/ on foot: City of Key West, ‘Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park’ – here I walked, latter I driving a car to the beach at the very end of Key West [$ 2.50 x 1 pers.] (total entrance cost $ 5 for a car), very nice place. There you can camp
- Traveled by car: 7:00 pm I drove back along the same Key Temple road. This route is interesting: road, bridges, water, road bridges, water…
- Accommodation: 10:00 pm I stayed in ‘Fairway Inn Florida City’ hotel [$ 30,50 x 1 pers., double room] (total room price $ 61)
- 1207 km (750 mi) and 9 hrs 30 mins of driving today. 1h 30 mins I had for stops
September 16th Wednesday, 2015
- Breakfast: 07:30 am hotel breakfast (tasty food: waffles, fruit, egg, dry breakfast, juice, coffee, toast). I went for breakfast twice 🙂
- Traveled by car: 09:00 am to ‘Everglades Alligator Farm’ – I watched the crocodile performance, I saw them feeding, I held small alligators and snakes in my hands! I was swam with the Airboat through the Alligator Swamp [$ 20 x 1 pers.]
- Traveled by car: 12:40 pm I drove towards to City of Tampa. I traveled through the ‘Sunshine Skyway Bridge’ – a very, very nice bridge. All the way rain was heavily, the September storm time in Florida, it was difficult to drive. There were also a number of accidents on the road
- Traveled on foot: 8:00 pm I walked thought Tampa Riverwalk. It takes about 30-40 minutes to cross the entire walkway along the river. It’s beautiful here. I take the elevator to the ‘Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina’ to see the city panorama, absolutely for free
- Traveled by car: 9:20 pm on the road to hotel
- Accommodation: 10:00 pm to ‘Rodeway Inn Maingate’ hotel [$ 18,50 x 1 pers., double room] (total room cost $ 37)
- 1207 km (750 mi), 9 hrs 30 mins of driving today
September 17th Thursday, 2015
- Breakfast: 07:30 am hotel breakfast
- Traveled by car: 8:00 am I drove a car to see ‘Walt Disney World’ and ‘The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’, Universal Studios, Florida, but it was impossible to see anything without the entrance ticket. I very much regret not buying a ticket. Next time I corrected my mistake and went to Walt Disney World in Anaheim near Los Angeles, about that on another trip… (>>Check ‘West Coast 2016, United States of America … Failed to see, at least with the edge of the eye Mickey Mouse world, I walked downtown Orlando – beautiful lakes, big trees alley, rocky streets
- Traveled by car: 12:00 pm I drove towards the popular road along the beaches leading to Miami Beach. There are no words to describe how worth to choose this path! It will take longer than the motorway, but you’ll see much more
- Traveled by car: to ‘Orlando International Premium Outlets’, here I left my driving license at the ‘Victoria Secret’ store. Probably the low prices turned the head. I searched, but didn’t found, so I had to go on a journey without a driver’s license
- Traveled by car: I drove to the beach. Time spend for swimming, sunbathing on the beaches. When driving a car, I had to stop at the petrol station because of a heavy rainfall
- Traveled by car: I see City of Miami! I can’t tell you how beautiful it looks at night
- 1000 km (621 mi), 9 hrs of driving today
- Accommodation: I statyed in ‘Beds N’ Drinks’ hostel, Miami Beach [$ 23,50 x pers., 6 beds room]. I parked the car, several streets from the hostel, in the garage. I slept with 6 girls in one room. You can rent a safe key and leave important items in it
- Traveled by city car: 10:00 pm I go to the outskirts of Miami Beach with a city car (it takes only tips). I sat on the rocks near the ocean, admired Miami Beach Downtown. ‘Manhattan’ cocktail is already in my hand, I was walking along Ocean Drive. Night life is alive here
September 18th Friday, 2015
- Traveled on foot: 06:30 am I went to Miami Beach. I was swimming in the ocean, resting on the beach. Jellyfish came near to my feet! Be careful !
- Breakfast: 11:00 am hostel breakfast was very simple. After that I check – out of the room
- Traveled by car: 12:30 pm I parked a car in free parking lot in Miami City Centre
- Traveled by ship: in the city center, by the water (you will find kiosks where you can buy entertainment) I bought a trip by boat [$ 26 x 1 pers.]. Very fun journey, cheerful ship leader, interesting stories about celebrity lives. I saw vilas and houses of celebrities such as Madonna, Shakira, Shaquille O’Neal, Jennifer Lopez, James L. Brown, Frank Sinatra, Viagra inventor, Enrique Iglesias father, ‘The Addams Family’, Antonio Banderas.
- Traveled on foot: walking to Miami Downtown, getting up to 25-floor in some hotel, exploring the city from above – absolutely for free
- Traveled by car: 4:20 pm I was driving to Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Traveled by car. 5:00 pm in the car park, I watched the rising planes in front of the airport
- Traveled by car: 6:00 pm I returned the car in Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Traveled by plane: 8:30 pm from Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) —–> to Atlantic City International Airport (ACY) [$ 84 x 1 pens.]
My Travel Costs:
- Plane tickets = $ 168 x 1 pers., (ACY-FLL-ACY)
- Car rent = $164,85 x 1 pers. (total car rent price $329,70). ‘Payless Car Rental’. The price included insurance (your fault / fault of others). Full tank of fuel (the back of the trip can leave an empty tank)
- Navigarion = $ 25 x 1 pers.
- Accommodation = $ 30.50 x 1 pers. ($ 61 for the total double room, ‘Fairway Inn Hotel’)
- Accommodation = $ 18, 50 x 1 pers. (total double room price $ 37, ‘Rodeway Inn Maingate hotel, Kissimmee’)
- Accommodation = $ 23.50 x 1 pers. (total Double Room Rate $ 47, ‘Beds N’ Drinks’ Hostel, Miami Beach)
- Dolphin Research Center = $ 28 x 1 pers.
- Everglades National Park = $ 20 x 1 pers.
- Fuel Refill = $ 9 x 1 pers. (full tank cost $ 18)
- Fuel Refill = $ 9 x 1 pers. (full tank cost $ 18)
- Fuel Refill = $ 5 x 1 pers. (half tank price $ 10)
- Boat Trip Miami Downtown = $ 26 x 1 pers.
- Key West Beach Entrance Park = $ 2.50 x 1 pers.
- Road charges = $ 3.35 x 1 person (total road charges $ 6.70)
- Car parking fee = $ 10.50 x 1 pers. (total parking cost $ 21)
- Food & drink cost = $ 38.26 x 1 pers.
Total = $ 578.61
TRIPTIP - travel tips:
* I would not repeat myself
travel around Florida by car
because just small part of
the road has beautiful views.
* Many of people was trying
discouraged me from trip
because of about rains
and tornadoes season in
Florida, but I didn't scared,
I wouldn't be afraid
* If I traveled again, I
wouldn't travel many
kilometers a day.
Quality is important, not
quantity (in this case I had